What is a "Eco Nature Mall"?
It is a mall who's tenants consist of outdoor retail and recreational business who are devoted to conservation, education and inspiration centered around the "Great Outdoors", located under one roof. The energy to operate the mall is totally self sufficient and self generated renewal energy from onsite geothermal, solar and wind.
All of the outdoor retail and recreation tenants are members of the Outdoor Industry Association and subscribe to the Colorado Outdoors Principles.
1. Outdoor recreation and conservation require that a diversity of lands and waters be publicly owned, available for public access, and cared for properly.
2. Within Colorado’s diversity of land and waters, private land plays a critical role in preserving the ecological integrity of a functional landscape that is necessary for robust and meaningful outdoor recreational experiences.
3. Both conservation and recreation are needed to sustain Colorado’s quality of life. Both are beneficial to local economic well-being, for personal health, and for sustaining Colorado’s natural resources.
4. All recreation has impact. Coloradans have an obligation to minimize these impacts across the places they recreate and the larger landscape through ethical outdoor behavior.
5. Proactive management solutions, combined with public education, are necessary to care for land, water and wildlife, and to provide the protections needed to maintain quality recreation opportunities.
6. Physical, biological and social science must inform the management of outdoor recreation.
7. Stable, long-term, and diverse funding sources are essential to protect the environment and support outdoor recreation.